Friday, December 16, 2011

I started writing a blog post...


And it was really stupid. Something like "this year has been very eventful" blah blah.

I guess I am not terribly sentimental. I live very much in the moment, and look forward to the future. Instead of looking back at the difficulties this past year has brought us, I'd rather dream about what things we get to look forward to when residency is done.

Children grow at an alarming rate. This is something I had to expect from the beginning. But I do not mourn the growth of a child. Pippa was only a newborn for an instant, but becomes more vibrant every day. If she was a baby forever, she might be cute and innocent all the time, but she would not grow to understand the world around her and taste the bittersweet fruit of a life truly lived.

Cheers to a happy new year.

No comments: