Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Salsa timey

I apologize to anyone who has asked for this recipe, and I keep meaning to do it, but NOW HERE I AM!

DSC01847

I use the below picture for my desktop wallpaper sometimes. It’s pretty much the best picture I’ve ever taken.

SALSA!!!

This salsa……is the best Salsa ever. I mean it. I have to give FULL credit though, to my old roomate Gretchen, who magically concocted this recipe. I use a lot of her recipes, which I think everyone deserves to know.

But without further ado I shall impart this recipe to you, my dear readers, as  it is an absolute STAPLE in our house. The more I think about it the more shocked I haven’t posted it already.. how selfish of me.

Here’s what you need:

2 jalapeño peppers
1 Anaheim pepper
2 green bell peppers
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
2 Serrano peppers
1 yellow banana pepper
1 large onion
6-8 Roma tomatoes
1 bunch fresh cilantro
Salt
Vinegar

Gretchen Says:
”Chop all veggies into small pieces and mix together. Add salt and vinegar to taste. I like a lot of vinegar, so I usually add quite a bit, but you don't have to. If there are some peppers you cant find, or some you would like but it's not in the recipe, that's okay. When the red and orange peppers are really expensive we usually just get one and the rest are green peppers. If you prefer a hotter salsa, you can use less tomatoes. But if you want it milder, use more tomatoes, and use less jalapeño, Serrano, and Anaheim peppers.”

I happen to agree with Gretchen that the vinegar really makes this stuff addicting. I imagine it also helps the salsa last longer, which is good because this recipe makes quite a bit. But if you are like me, and become a ravenous beast when you start eating it, it will be gone soon enough.

 

Like MAGIC!!

No comments: