Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dress designer!



Hello, everybody within the sound of my blog!

Yesterday was pretty exciting for me. My dress design was chosen as a finalist for Shabby Apple's #daretodesign dress design contest!

If it were up to me, the final winner would be chosen by a real, professional dress maker, who knows about design and how fabric drapes and what fabric to choose etc. But, as it turns out, the winner is whoever

GETS THE MOST LIKES ON INSTAGRAM.

I like Instagram, mostly. I didn't have a lot invested in it but now, all of a sudden, I do. And I have to ask everybody I know to either use their current Instagram account to vote, or create an account to like from this link:

http://instagram.com/p/y-lvuiCf1a/?modal=true

So my fate is in the public's hands. I know what a politician feels like now. I also know that I do not want to be a politician.

Please, if we be but friends, share this with anybody who has an Instagram, or who likes Shabby Apple, or who might like to wear this dress. If I win, it will be created and sold on Shabby Apple, and I will receive 1% of royalties. The contest ends Saturday (Valentines Day).

In the end, I am glad I gave this a shot. Who knows if I have a future in dress making. I know I enjoy the designing part.

Thanks for your support. See you in 2016. Yes we can. Bla bla bla.




No comments: