Friday, May 14, 2010

Ho hum!

Happy Friday! Home-made pizza? Or $5 Hot-n-Ready at Little Ceasars??? Or even go crazy and get some Giordanos? Edwardos?  Decisions decisions.

For those of you who wondered what was eaten on Micah’s birthday, it was our very favorite Lemon Clam Pasta with Caesar salad and green beans. The recipe can be found in our "Recipes” section! Try it out, it’s amazing!

Micah is getting through this LONG surgery rotation swimmingly, and tolerates my jokes about becoming a rich anesthesiologist. Luckily he will not have to work on the weekends (or so he tells me) for the rest of this rotation! Hooray! Part of me doesn’t believe it!

The other day Micah came back from the laundry room with a large dragon kite. A DRAGON KITE! And it was totally free; someone was just giving it away! I’m hoping it’s not because it’s broken or doesn’t fly. Still, I am dying to try it out, since I miss my old kite Wilbur very much (He is at home in California). Why such a strange attachment to a kite? I suppose for one, I am strange, and two, ol’ Wilbur has been through quite a few near-flying-off-into-nowhere incidents. Thus making  his longevity a marvel.  He also flies superbly well in proper flying conditions. I shall have to post a picture as soon as I have him in my possession again.

Another culinary adventure for ya’ll: Tabouli. This is a great Mediterranean salad that goes great as a side dish or stuffed into pita bread like I did here:

IMG_6898

Doesn’t that look amazing? And it’s actually good for you? (YES!)

So I won’t delay any further, here’s the recipe!

3/4 cup Bulgar wheat (soaked 1/2 hour)

1 1/2 cup parsley

3 medium tomatoes chopped

1/3 cup chopped green onion

2 tbs. Mint

1/4 cup Olive Oil

1/4 cup Lemon juice

1 tsp. Salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Not too bad, huh? Sure sounds a lot better than what I had for lunch today:

IMG_6902

2 comments:

Lily said...

Num. Me want food!

Krischelle said...

hahah i'm drooling over the Tabouli and then i see the corndogs! lol! You'll have to take a picture of the Dragon Kite that Micah brought home! And a picture of Wilbur, too, of course :)