Monday, May 24, 2010

Married one year?!

B&M_B&Ws-21 

I almost titled this post “1 year of co-habitation” but then looked up the term “co-habitation” on wikipedia. Hah. Thas not what what’s going on here.

I’m not going to try to relate how I view this passage of time, or else it could just end up as a scattered and incomprehensible explanation of time and space. If you know me, you know the frustration that comes when I attempt anything of that sort.

Let’s just say it’s been fabulous.

But let’s get right to the good stuff, pictures, yes.

IMG_6913

We spent Saturday afternoon at the Chicago Botanical garden. Conditions could not have been any better; it had just rained and the fog was lifting right as we arrived.

IMG_6914

IMG_6915

IMG_6920

IMG_6922

They had an amazing bonsai tree collection.

IMG_6932

IMG_6930

Below is a Juniper bonsai which is the same kind Micah got for his birthday! We are now more dedicated to the care of our bonsai.

IMG_6988

IMG_6938

I liked the name of this one:

IMG_6939

smelling the flowers.

IMG_6940

IMG_6955

IMG_6956

IMG_6958

I love waterfalls.

IMG_6969

Haha.

IMG_6974

IMG_6979

IMG_6980

Venus fly trap! Sweet!

IMG_6983

Neon green!

IMG_6985

This is my favorite picture of the day:

IMG_6975

That evening we went out to eat and had the most amazing dinner. Mind you I am not really into meat, but I have always wanted to try fillet mignon, so I had my chance and BOY WAS IT TASTY!!

IMG_6992

Micah was happy with his prime rib. That’s a meat-eater right there.

IMG_6993

On Sunday, we went to church and then came home. Micah was kind enough to clean the bunny cage and the fish tank. I am, admittedly, afraid to do both those things. But seriously, look how big that bunny is.

IMG_6995

IMG_6996

LOOK AT THAT THING!!!!!!!!!!

We had indian food for dinner. Yay for Trader Joe’s. They’ve got some great stuff. And that is IBC root beer. Not real beer. Ha.

IMG_6999

IMG_7001

Micah made a special “curry sauce” to go on the chicken and it was delicious. Don’t ask for a recipe cuz he made it on the fly and he’s cool like that, yo.

IMG_6998

The flowers and new vase bestowed upon me. And to think I got him an electronics book. Well, he loves that stuff so don’t judge me. I will support his hobbies even if he has no time to do them.

B&M_B&Ws-29

Hooray.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy, super happy anniversary! If you can make it a year, what's eternity?! Glad you found our blog, because then I found yours, and it looks like you've got some great recipes on here. I'm officially blog-stalking you. Have a great day!!

Lily said...

Happy Anniversary, childrens.
:)

Unknown said...

Our very best wishes and congrats on your first year. We love you's.
Ma and Pa

Rick and Camille said...

How fun! The gardens look amazing! I hope you guys are doing great!