Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas isn’t over yet.

Hey, I’m not being delusional. It’s just the way the stars aligned for me. I’m one of the lucky ones who was born not too far and not too soon after Christmas. One month after, exactly. Meaning, when the holidays are over, I still have something to look forward to (PRESENTS!!!). Groundhogs Day in February is also awesome. So sorry to rub it in your faces. I love this time of year.

This month has been particularly rewarding, since Micah is not currently on a rotation and we get to hang out all the time! Don’t think we’re getting sick of each other and need to find something to distract us, because we’re enjoying the heckers out of it.

At the beginning of the month, after finally returning home from our travels, we went to the Museum of Science and Industry (again! We will never get tired of that place) to see the Christmas tree display before it went down. It was really amazing that they had a tree representing almost every country in the world. Here I am with the one representing Ukraine:

IMG_3910

I wanted to take home some of the ornaments:

IMG_3911

The tree from Japan was so awesome! It was decorated entirely from origami.

IMG_3909

 

IMG_3915

The tree representing Germany reminded me a lot of the Christmas tree at my house…

IMG_3925

…because there was a GOLDEN SANTA!

IMG_3924

I half expected to see an ornament with a picture of Santa putting a kid in his bag…

P1000768

(The above ornament is pretty famous at my house.)

There was even a tree for Thailand, oddly enough. They don’t really celebrate Christmas there, but oh well! Christmas around the world!

IMG_3923

The museum also had an awesome gingerbread model of the whole museum building with Sesame Street characters!

IMG_3928

 

It is frigidly cold in Chicago now (7 degrees F!!) but our spirits have not been dampened!

(ok, secretly, I’m not always this chipper - I’m actually kindof an emo kid sometimes - but this new present has been keeping us pretty entertained.)

IMG_3907

DON’T JUDGE ME!

The end.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Happy Birthday Eve Eve Eve!!! Oh, how I wish there were a way for each of us to have one of the Santa-putting-the-kid-in-a-bag ornaments. Think of how united {and hilarious} all our Christmas trees would be.

Unknown said...

Thanks Betsy, I needed a good laugh about that Santa ornament. Maybe there is a way to duplicate that ornament.

Unknown said...

I'm definitely thinking of ways to make it myself.