Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter.

We’ve been pretty busy this weekend with our Easter celebrations. Hope your Easter was good too. I finally finished a few Pysanky, and will hopefully make some more before we put away all the supplies.

What I like to do is pencil out the basic design on the egg before I start working with the kistka (stylus).

IMG_4194

The first lines I draw with the kistka will be white.

IMG_4196

Heating up the kistka.

IMG_4200

When making pysanky, you dye the egg in a certain order – lightest colors to darkest. I’m starting with yellow.

IMG_4203

I didn’t take pictures of the rest of the dyeing (it already takes a lot of time to do), but eventually you get to the point where you remove all the wax and get to see your finished pysanky.

IMG_4205

IMG_4209

Here’s Micah making his.

IMG_4207

Another one I made, before removing all the wax:

IMG_4212

And the finished product.

IMG_4224

It’s a lot of fun. I totally recommend giving it a try.

In other news, we made Paska (didn’t make it in a traditional cylinder shape, and didn’t put the sugary glaze, but it was still good.) And Micah made a delicious ham.

IMG_4214

IMG_4217

We like Easter!!

3 comments:

Jess Hammond said...

Um..... Easter is sort of epic at your house. Those eggs are sort of really super duper sweet.

Lily said...

Uhh...ridiculously gorgeous eggs. Happy Easter!

And a very hippity hoppity happity birthday to Micah!

mom huntington said...

Wow!those eggs are amazing!!