Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I’m a total total dweeb and YOU KNOW IT

One day I was playing around on my Wii and went on to the Weather channel.

WII WEATHER_qjpreviewth

It’s a fun little channel for checking the local weather and such. One of the perks of owning a Wii. (I know, so impressive….)

The weather channel plays two different songs, depending on what time of day it is. When it’s night-time, you hear this song:

 

Pretty? Yes. At first it sounded to me almost like a Primary song. Then, the more I listened to it, I realized that it worked pretty dang well with one particular primary song. Remember when the MoTab sang “I Know That My Savior Loves Me” at General Conference? (Click this link) That was the song we learned for the 2010 primary program – the theme being “I Know My Savior Lives” (I was teaching sunbeams that whole year and learned the song a little too well it seems). Here are the lyrics to the song:

1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus

So whoever of you can sing this song to the “accompaniment”  I provided in the link above, you totally win a prize. Seriously.

No comments: